Strategy 1: Institutional Vision and Commitment
Recognize that transplant is unique from other health services. Hospital leadership demonstrates a commitment to making transplantation an institutional priority and to assure adequate organizational resources to develop a successful program.
To read more details about this strategy, download the full Transplant Resource Guide
This strategy is currently under review and revision.
- Tools & Templates
Organizational Chart Examples
- Comprehensive Transplant Center – Organizational Chart Example – Download
- Performance Scorecard – Download – Kovler Organ Transplantation Center, Northwestern Medical Center
- Transplant Center Administrative Chart – Download
- Transplant Department Reporting Structure – Download
- Transplant Organizational Chart Example – Download
- Transplant Organizational Chart Example – Download – Methodist University Transplant Institute
- Leadership Development & Literature
- A Model for Physician Leadership Development and Succession Planning – Article – Dubinsky I, Feerasta N, Lash R. (2015), Healthc Q, 18(1): 38-42.
- Effective Succession Planning in Nursing: A Review of the Literature – Article – Griffith MB. (2012), J Nurs Manag, 20(7): 900-911. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2834.2012.01418.x. Epub 2012 Jul 26.
- Healthcare succession planning: an integrative review – Article – Carriere BK, Muise M, Cummings G, Newburn-Cook C. (2009), J Nurs Adm, 39(12): 548-555. doi: 10.1097/NNA.0b013e3181c18010.
- Leading tomorrow’s healthcare organizations: strategies and tactics for effective succession planning – Article – Biouin AS, McDonagh KJ, Neistadt AM, Helfand B. (2006), J Nurs Adm, 36(6): 325-330.
- Measuring What Matters – Article – Axelrod DA, Schold J. (2016), American Journal of Transplantation, 16: 3315-3317. doi: 10.1111/ajt.14043
- Potential Implications of Recent and Proposed Changes in the Regulatory Oversight of Solid Organ Transplantation in the United States – Article – Kasiske BL, et al. (2016), American Journal of Transplantation, 16: 3371-3377. doi: 10.1111/ajt.13955.
- Succession Planning: Aligning Strategic Goals and Leadership Behaviors – Article – Coonan PR. (2005), Nurs Leadersh Forum, 9(3): 92-97.
- Unique challenges for the pediatric transplant administrator – Article – Smith-Fields C. (2007), Prog Transplant, 17(2): 99-102.