Strategy 1: Institutional Vision and Commitment
Recognize that transplant is unique from other health services. Hospital leadership demonstrates a commitment to making transplantation an institutional priority and to assure adequate organizational resources to develop a successful program.
To read more details about this strategy download the full Resource Guide, click here.
We are accepting submissions as potential contributions to the Transplant Resource Tools. Please email Hedi Aguiar at email@example.com with any submissions.
Job Descriptions (click on link)
Organizational Chart Examples
- Comprehensive Transplant Center – Organizational Chart Example – download
- Performance Scorecard – download – Kovler Organ Transplantation Center, Northwestern Medical Center NEW!
- Transplant Center Administrative Chart – download
- Transplant Department Reporting Structure – download
- Transplant Organizational Chart Example – download
- Transplant Organizational Chart Example – download – Methodist University Transplant Institute
- A Model for Physician Leadership Development and Succession Planning – article – Dubinsky I, Feerasta N, Lash R. (2015), Healthc Q, 18(1): 38-42.
- Effective Succession Planning in Nursing: A Review of the Literature – article – Griffith MB. (2012), J Nurs Manag, 20(7): 900-911. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2834.2012.01418.x. Epub 2012 Jul 26.
- Healthcare succession planning: an integrative review – article – Carriere BK, Muise M, Cummings G, Newburn-Cook C. (2009), J Nurs Adm, 39(12): 548-555. doi: 10.1097/NNA.0b013e3181c18010.
- Leading tomorrow’s healthcare organizations: strategies and tactics for effective succession planning – article – Biouin AS, McDonagh KJ, Neistadt AM, Helfand B. (2006), J Nurs Adm, 36(6): 325-330.
- Measuring What Matters – article – Axelrod DA, Schold J. (2016), American Journal of Transplantation, 16: 3315-3317. doi: 10.1111/ajt.14043 NEW!
- Potential Implications of Recent and Proposed Changes in the Regulatory Oversight of Solid Organ Transplantation in the United States – article – Kasiske BL, et al. (2016), American Journal of Transplantation, 16: 3371-3377. doi: 10.1111/ajt.13955. NEW!
- Succession Planning: Aligning Strategic Goals and Leadership Behaviors – article – Coonan PR. (2005), Nurs Leadersh Forum, 9(3): 92-97.
- Unique challenges for the pediatric transplant administrator – article – Smith-Fields C. (2007), Prog Transplant, 17(2): 99-102.