Strategy 2: Dedicated Team
Create a dedicated team by creating a collaborative and rewarding work environment that attracts, retains, and is supported by highly-skilled, dynamic, and committed transplant professionals.
To read more details about this strategy download the full Resource Guide, click here.
We are accepting submissions as potential contributions to the Transplant Resource Tools. Please email Hedi Aguiar at email@example.com with any submissions.
Resources for Transplant Professionals:
- OPTN Bylaws – link
- OPTN Resources (Patient safety, allocation calculators, living donation, etc.) – https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/resources/ NEW!
- UNOS Learning by Topic – https://www.transplantpro.org/education/training/ NEW!
- UNOS Online Store (Professional materials from UNOS, like patient guides, etc) – https://www.dokshop.com/MainHome.asp NEW!
- UNOS Resources by Organ – https://www.transplantpro.org/resources/by-organ/ NEW!
- OPTN Crosswalk Guide (CMS/OPTN) – https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/governance/compliance/crosswalk-guide/ NEW!
Transplant Professional Organizations
Job Descriptions (click on link)
Staff Orientation Materials
- Transplant Coordinator – Core Competency Assessment Tool for Newly Hired – download – (2015) Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Transplant Coordinator – Orientation Competency Sign Off – download
- Social Worker Orientation – download – (2015) INTEGRIS Nazih Zuhdi Transplant Center INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
Staff Competency Materials
Transplant Onboarding Program (click on image to learn more)
Transplant Mentorship Program (click on image to learn more)
- Adult cardiothoracic transplant nursing: An ISHLT consensus document on the current adult nursing practice in heart and lung transplantation – article – Coleman B, et al. (2015), The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, 34(2): 139-148.
- Dedicated Team Reference Citations – download
- Focus on shared governance: Evaluation of a professional practice model – article – Morgan V, et al. (2015), Nurs Manage, 46(12): 8-10. doi: 10.1097/01.NUMA.0000473509.15808.d0.
- Nursing and transplant coordination: a call for clarity – article – McNatt GE. (2008), Prog Transplant, 18(3): 208-215.
- Representing complexity well: a story about teamwork, with implications for how we teach collaboration – article – Lingard L, et al. (2012), Medical Education, 46: 869-877. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.2012.04339.x. NEW!
- The role of advanced practice nurses in transplant center staffing – article – Hoy H, Alexander S, Payne J, Zavala E. (2011), Prog Transplant, 21(4): 294-298.
- Tours of Duty: The New Employer-Employee Compact – article – Hoffman R, Casnocha B, Yeh C. (2013), Harvard Business Review.
- Where has all the staff gone? Strategies to recruit and retain quality staff – article – Hauff HM. (2007), Prog Transplant, 17(2): 89-93.