Strategy 2: Dedicated Team
Create a dedicated team by creating a collaborative and rewarding work environment that attracts, retains, and is supported by highly-skilled, dynamic, and committed transplant professionals.
To read more details about this strategy download the full Resource Guide, click here.
We are accepting submissions as potential contributions to the Transplant Resource Tools. Please email Hedi Aguiar at firstname.lastname@example.org with any submissions.
Job Descriptions (click on link)
- OPTN Bylaws – link
Staff Orientation Materials
- Transplant Coordinator – Core Competency Assessment Tool for Newly Hired – download – (2015) Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Transplant Coordinator – Orientation Competency Sign Off – download
- Social Worker Orientation – download – (2015) INTEGRIS Nazih Zuhdi Transplant Center INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
Staff Competency Materials
- Annual Liver Competency Quiz – download
- Transplant Dietician Competency – download – (2015) INTEGRIS Nazih Zuhdi Transplant Center INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
- Transplant Pharmacist Competency – download – (2015) INTEGRIS Nazih Zuhdi Transplant Center INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
- Adult cardiothoracic transplant nursing: An ISHLT consensus document on the current adult nursing practice in heart and lung transplantation – article – Coleman B, et al. (2015), The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, 34(2): 139-148.
- Dedicated Team Reference Citations – download
- Focus on shared governance: Evaluation of a professional practice model – article – Morgan V, et al. (2015), Nurs Manage, 46(12): 8-10. doi: 10.1097/01.NUMA.0000473509.15808.d0.
- Nursing and transplant coordination: a call for clarity – article – McNatt GE. (2008), Prog Transplant, 18(3): 208-215.
- Representing complexity well: a story about teamwork, with implications for how we teach collaboration – article – Lingard L, et al. (2012), Medical Education, 46: 869-877. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.2012.04339.x. NEW!
- The role of advanced practice nurses in transplant center staffing – article – Hoy H, Alexander S, Payne J, Zavala E. (2011), Prog Transplant, 21(4): 294-298.
- Tours of Duty: The New Employer-Employee Compact – article – Hoffman R, Casnocha B, Yeh C. (2013), Harvard Business Review.
- Where has all the staff gone? Strategies to recruit and retain quality staff – article – Hauff HM. (2007), Prog Transplant, 17(2): 89-93.