The Alliance welcomes submissions to the Organ Donation Toolbox.
Contributions can be emailed to email@example.com with a statement providing approval for posting to this site.
This section has been reviewed and updated as of December 2018. To see past content, click on the Archive tab below.
- Report Examples
- SRTR Organ Procurement Organization (OPO-Specific) Reports – View Here
- Survey Readiness Resources
- Basic Quality Tools
The Seven Basic Tools of Quality are a set of tools used to assist in solving quality-related issues. These tools can all be found on the ASQ site, which also provides templates and instructions – Link
The tools are:
- Cause-and-effect diagram (also known as the “fishbone” or Ishikawa diagram) – a diagram used to organize the causes of an issue.
- Pareto chart – a graph that highlights the most important issues among a (typically large) set of factors. Helps focus improvement efforts.
- Scatter plot or scatter graph – a graph that suggests various correlations between variables. If the pattern of dots slopes from lower left to upper right, it indicates a positive correlation between the variables being studied. If the pattern of dots slopes from upper left to lower right, it indicates a negative correlation.
- Check Sheet – a structured way to collect quality-related data to assess a process.
- Flow Chart – a method to document simple processes or programs. Extremely effective when used to streamline processes.
- Control chart – a chart used to determine if a manufacturing or business process is in a state of control.
- Histogram – a graph used to display data where the columns represent continuous intervals of data.
- CMS – PDSA Cycle Template – View
- Relevant Literature
- Center for Clinical Standards and Quality/Survey & Certification Group – Download
- Changing Metrics of Organ Procurement Organization Performance in Order to Increase Organ Donation Rates in the United States – Article – Goldberg, D., Kallan, M., Fu, L., Ciccarone, M., Ramirez, J., Rosenberg, P., Arnold, J., Segal, G., Moritsugu, K., Nathan, H., Hasz, R. and Abt, P. (2017). American Journal of Transplantation, 17(12), pp.3183-3192. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.14391.
- Critical Need for Standardized Organ Donation Metrics, Researchers Say – Article – July 20, 2017, American Journal of Transplantation, 2017.