Quality Tools and Process Improvement Resources
Link to “Checklists & Forms” for additional tools and resources.
- AOPO Quarterly Data Snapshot – download – AOPO
- Dashboard Template (Hospital) – download – UW Health OPO
- Donation Dashboard – download – UW Health OPO
Donation Hospital Report – download – Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates
Donor Demographics Overview Form – download – Gift of Life Michigan
- Hospital Dashboard – download – LiveOnNY
- Hospital Tissue Quarterly Activity Report – download – LifeSource
Performance Improvement Dashboard – download – UCI Irvine Medical Center
The Seven Basic Tools of Quality are a set of tools used to assist in solving quality-related issues. These tools can all be found on the ASQ site, which also provides templates and instructions – link NEW!
The tools are:
- Cause-and-effect diagram (also known as the “fishbone” or Ishikawa diagram) – a diagram used to organize the causes of an issue.
- Pareto chart – a graph that highlights the most important issues among a (typically large) set of factors. Helps focus improvement efforts.
- Scatter plot or scatter graph – a graph that suggests various correlations between variables. If the pattern of dots slopes from lower left to upper right, it indicates a positive correlation between the variables being studied. If the pattern of dots slopes from upper left to lower right, it indicates a negative correlation.
- Check Sheet – a structured way to collect quality-related data to assess a process.
- Flow Chart – a method to document simple processes or programs. Extremely effective when used to streamline processes.
- Control chart – a chart used to determine if a manufacturing or business process is in a state of control.
- Histogram – a graph used to display data where the columns represent continuous intervals of data.
- CMS – PDSA Cycle Template – link NEW!
- After Action Review Tool – download – Center for Donation & Transplant
- Chart Review QA Tool – download – UW Health OPO
- Clinical Trigger Badges – download – Henry Ford Health System and Gift of Life Michigan
- Clinical Trigger Card – download – LiveOnNY
Clinical Trigger Card – download – OneLegacy
- Donor Management Goals (DMGs) Worksheet – download – Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates
- Focus on Process: Organ Donation Gemba Walk (Infographic) – download – LiveOnNY
- Hospital Comprehensive Summary of Opportunities – PGCV – download – Center for Organ Recovery & Education
- Organ Donor O.R. Transport Checklist – download – Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates
- Organ Donation Process Map – download – LiveOnNY