Medical Examiner/Coroner and Funeral Home Resources
The Alliance welcomes submissions to the Organ Donation Toolbox.
Contributions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement providing approval for posting to this site.
This section has been reviewed and updated as of December 2018. To see past content, click on the Archive tab below.
- ME/Coroner Resources
- Guide to Medical Examiner & Coroner Cases – Download – American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB)
- ME/Coroner Organ Donation Policy – Sacramento County – Download – Sierra Donor Services (2015)
- ME/Coroner Organ and Tissue Donation Information Card – Download – Donor Network West
- ME/Coroner Release Form – Download – Legacy of Life Hawaii
- Podcast: Coroner Talk: “Organ Procurement- What’s Your Responsibility?” – View Here
- CORONER Talk: Working with OPO’s Podcast (April 2018) – View Here
- Death Investigation and Organ & Tissue Donation – Article – A Resource for Organ & Tissue Recovery Agencies, Medical Examiners, and Coroners
- Medical Examiner and Eye Banks as Partners for Transplantation in the United States – Article – Valerie Corder, RN, CTBS, Jill Urban, MD, Ellen Heck, MT (ASCP), MA, CEBT
- MTF Death Investigation and Organ Tissue Donation – Article
- National Association of Medical Examiners Position Paper: Medical Examiner Release of Organs and Tissues for Transplantation – Article – Pinckard JK, Geiselhart RJ, Moffatt E, et al. (2014), Acad Forensic Pathol, 4(4): 497-504.
- National Association of Medical Examiners Position Paper: Recommendations for the Definition, Investigation, Postmortem Examination, and Reporting of Deaths in Custody – Article – Mitchell, R., Diaz, F., Goldfogel, G., Fajardo, M., Fiore, S., Henson, T., Jorden, M., Kelly, S., Luzi, S., Quinn, M. and Wolf, D. (2017). Academic Forensic Pathology, 7(4), pp.604-618.
- Scientific Working Group for Medicolegal Death Investigation: Standards for Interactions Between Medical Examiner/Coroner Offices and Organ and Tissue Procurement Organizations and Eye Banks – Article
- Funeral Home Resources