The Alliance welcomes submissions to the Organ Donation Toolbox.
Contributions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement providing approval for posting to this site.
This section has been reviewed and updated as of December 2018. To see past content, click on the Archive tab below.
- Family Care Resources
Books About Grief and Loss – Download – One Legacy
Caring for Donor Family Web Based Resources (updated 2018) – Download
- Certified Designated Requestor Training Manual – Download – LifeSource
- Coping with Loss – Link – Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC)
- Donation after Cardiac Death- A Guide for Families – Download – Gift of Life Michigan
- Donation Discussion Guide 2014 – Download – Lifesource
- Donor Family Survey – Download – (2015) Donor Network West
- Donor Family Tissue Brochure Sample – Download – Arkansas Regional Organ Recovery Agency
- Family Conversation Resource Guide – Download – Lifesource
- Grief Blog – Link – Soaring Spirits
- Grief Support Forum – Link – Legacy Connect
- Grief Resources – Download
- Grief Resources for Children – Download
- Hospice Referral Protocol – Download – Arkansas Regional Organ Recovery Agency
- Resources for Grief and Loss – Link – Grief Haven
- Resources, Articles, and Avenues to Meet Others Dealing With Grief – Link – Hello Grief
- References on Grief and Loss – Download
- Scripting Examples
- Relevant Literature
- Communicating Effectively About Organ Donation: A Randomized Trial of a Behavioral Communication Intervention to Improve Discussions About Donation – Article – Siminoff LA, Traino HM, Wilson Genderson M. (2015), Transplant Direct, 1(2). doi: 10.1097/TXD.0000000000000513.
- EOL Roles and Training in Donation Process: A Resource Guide – Download
- Improving Organ Donation Rates by Modifying the Family Approach Process – Article – Ebadat A, Brown CV, Ali S, et al. (2014), J Trauma Acute Care Surg, 76(6): 1473-1475. doi: 10.1097/TA.0b013e318265cdb9.
Communication 101: The Pull and Push of Constructive Communication – Download
Cultural and Religious Considerations in End-of-Life Care and the Donation Decision – Download
- Family Condolence Card – Tissue Donation – Download – Gift of Life Michigan
- Brain Death Authorization Form (Spanish Language Version) – Download – Gift of Life Michigan
- Donation After Cardiac Death Authorization Form (Spanish Language Version) – Download – Gift of Life Michigan
- Medical/Social History Form (Spanish Language Version) – Download – Gift of Life Michigan
- Family Request Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Therapy – Download – Trillium Gift of Life Network
- Unsuccessful resuscitation- Trillium Gift of Life Network – Download – Trillium Gift of Life Network