Welcome to OnboardingU™
Drawing from the expert knowledge of transplant colleagues across the country, OnboardingU™ is a library of online training modules intended to supplement a transplant center’s employee training program. This innovative resource provides all transplant staff with a solid foundation of field-related information in order to facilitate success in their role, and promote engagement and employee retention. Each half-hour module is fully narrated, incorporating unique interactive elements for optimum retention. Modules may be completed for CEPTC and/or nursing credit.
- Courses & CE Information
Download the OnboardingU™ Course Catalog for more information on available courses and continuing education credit information.
- Experience a Free Trial
Experience OnboardingU™ with a free 7-day trial! To get started, send us an email with your name, title, organization and phone number. We’ll provide your log-in information within one business day.
The OnboardingU™ free trial is intended to provide a sample of the course content and curriculum. Some sections, including post-module assessments and evaluations, are not available. Continuing education credit is not awarded in the free trial. There is no obligation to purchase, and no credit card is required to activate. Trial is valid for seven days from the date of receiving your login credentials.
- Pricing & ROI Information
Subscription rates are priced per user. Users will have access to full training library, as well as any new modules added within the 12-month subscription period. Special pricing discounts are offered for Alliance Professional Partner Organizations:
Annual rate per user:
Executive Level Partners: $125
Partner Level Partners: $175
Colleague Level Partners: $225
Discovery Level Partners: $450
Download a printer-friendly Comparative ROI Assessment.
For more information on Alliance Professional Partnerships, click here.
- Target Audience
OnboardingU’s target audience includes members of the multidisciplinary transplantation team, including administrators, coordinators, nurses, managers, quality improvement specialists, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians, and other transplantation center professionals. These courses are particularly helpful for new transplant staff members and leaders who unfamiliar with transplantation, organizations with orientation deficits, and individuals seeking to learn more about transplantation from an interactive and engaging source.
- Sample Orientation Plan
OnboardingU’s training modules have been designed to integrate seamlessly into your transplant center’s existing training and orientation program for an enhanced, comprehensive training experience. View our Sample Orientation Plan to see a recommended module curriculum by role.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the training value of OnboardingU?
- OnboardingU is a supplemental training aid for new and experienced transplant professionals. It assists in your fulfilling your regulatory training requirements, and is a Medicare reimbursable training expense.
- OnboardingU frees valuable transplant center staff time and cost by covering foundational and role-specific basics for new employees, and is easily adaptable into a transplant center’s orientation program.
- What does my subscription include?
- Your subscription provides unlimited access to the entire library of training modules for one year. Any new modules added to the training library during the course of your subscription are also included
- For a full list of available modules, complete with each modules objectives and curriculum, download the latest Course Catalog.
- What types of CE credit are awarded?
- OnboardingU awards 0.5 CEPTC credits for each completed module, and/or 1.0 nursing contact hour for every two (2) completed modules. Certificates of completion are also available. Refer to the course catalog for further information.
- How does the price compare to similar programs offered by other organizations?
- OnboardingU is exceptionally priced compared to other organization’s professional training programs, and is highly cost-effective as no travel is involved! Users also have access to the entire training library for the full 12-month duration of their subscription.
- Significant discounts are available for Alliance Professional Partner organizations. For pricing and discount information, visit the Pricing Information tab above.
- Can I use one account to train multiple users?
- No. OnboardingU’s subscriptions are based on individual users. Users may not share login credentials, or use login credentials to train multiple individuals. CE credit for completed modules may only be claimed for the user account holder.
- Do you offer a bulk pricing discount?
- Yes! If you are interested in bulk subscription pricing for your organization, please contact us at email@example.com.
- What is the training value of OnboardingU?
- Meet the Transplant Onboarding Program Workgroup Members
The need for this Transplant Onboarding Program was identified and proposed by The Alliance Transplant Leadership Council and after a survey of the transplant community, became one of the Council’s projects.
The Alliance would like to thank the members of the Transplant Onboarding Workgroup who have contributed their time and expertise to develop the Transplant Onboarding modules:
Lead: Melissa Nugent, RN, BSN, CCRN, CCTC, Clinical Educator for Transplant, Texas Children’s Hospital (TX)
Deborah Mast, BA, Manager, Finance & Data, Stanford University Medical Center (CA)
Jamie V. Bucio, CPTC, EMT-P, Lead Organ Procurement Coordinator, Thoracic Procurement, University of Chicago Medical Center (IL)
Karen Hadzic, MSN, RN, Organ Transplant Quality Manager, Richard DeVos Heart & Lung Transplant Program, Spectrum Health DeVos Children’s Hospital (MI)
Leanna K. Darland, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacy Generalist – Pediatrics, West Virginia University Medicine, (WV)
Nina Jarvis, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker, Heart Transplant/LVAD, Barnes-Jewish Hospital (MO)
Renee Bennett, RN, BSN, CNOR, CCTC, CCTN, Transplant Administrator, Transplant Center, Cleveland Clinic Florida (FL)
Valinda Jones, RN, MSN, Pre-Transplant Coordinator Special Services (Quality), Harper University Hospital (MI)
The Alliance would also like to acknowledge the following Transplant Leadership Council members for their time and expertise in reviewing the modules:
Council Chair: Ana Hands, MD, Vice President, International Health & Transplant Services, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute (LA)
Betty Crandall, RN, MS, Administrative Director, Transplant Services, Wake Forest Baptist Health (NC)
Gwen McNatt, RN, PhD, CNN, FNP-BC, Director of Operations, Infectious Disease Center and Kovler Organ Transplantation Center Northwestern Memorial Hospital (IL)
Jaclyn Bannon, MHA, Transplant Regulatory Manager, Johns Hopkins Hospital (MD)
John Rosendale, MS, Biostatistician & Senior Performance Analyst, United Network for Organ Sharing (VA)
Jon Snyder PhD, MS, Director, Transplant Epidemiology, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation (MN)
Laura Butler, MSN, FNP-BC, MMHC, Director, Organ Transplant, TriStar Centennial Medical Center (TN)
Randall S. Sung, MD, Surgical Director, Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation, Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center (MI)
Stephan Moore MHA, FACHE, CMPE, Administrative Director, Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support, University of Florida Health – Shands Transplant Center (FL)
Stuart Sweet, MD, PhD, W. McKim Marriott Professor of Pediatrics, Washington University (MO)
Timothy J. Stevens, BSN, RN, CCTC, Director, Transplant Services, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital (WA)