Hospital C-Suite Snapshot Series
The Hospital C-Suite Snapshot Series is designed for healthcare senior executives. These brief, bi-annual issues focus on organ, eye, and tissue donation-related topics relevant to top-tier hospital leadership. For each topic, you can find related references, resources, and tools posted here.
Winter 2018: The Uniform Anatomical Gift Act
- To find your state’s UAGA, visit the Organ Donation Toolbox and select the Legal & Regulatory Section.
- VIDEO: “Advocacy for Donors Without Available Next of Kin: A Hospital Administrator’s Perspective” featuring Paul Hayes, Executive Director, Harborview Medical Center
Editor’s Note: A previous edition of this document inadvertently omitted “Guardian or Conservator” from the order of decision-makers. (Updated 6/19/18)
Fall 2017: Legal Aspects of a Registered Donor
Spring 2017: Organ Donation: What a CEO Needs to Know
- HEALTH CARE AT THE CROSSROADS: Strategies for Narrowing the Organ Donation Gap and Protecting Patients, The Joint Comission (2004) – link to publication here:
- Evidence-Based Guideline Update: Determining Brain Death in Adults – Wijdicks EFM, Varelas PN, Gronseth GS, Greer DM. (2010), Neurology, 74: 1911-1918:
- American Hospital Association – Advocacy Issues – Initiatives – Organ-Donor:
- ‘Increasing Organ Donation and Procurement: The Hospital Leader’s Role’ – Labb DA. (May/June, 2005), Healthcare Executive, ache.org:
- VIDEO: “Organ Donation: A Hospital CEO’s Perspective” featuring Joel Allison, Sr. Advisor to the Chairman & Former CEO, Baylor Scott & White Health